Function 17: System speed-dial
1. Press the PROGRAM or PROG/HELP button at any digital station The normal station programming menu prompts will begin to play.
2. Press HOLD. The “enter password” prompt will play.
3. Enter the Administrator password (default is 4 5 6)
4. Enter 17 for System Speed dial
5. Enter the three-digit location number to program, (600 thru 699) followed by # (pound sign)
6. Enter a ten-character name. (See below how to enter alphanumeric characters) To complete the name, press # #.
7. Enter the number to be dialed (including the line group 9 before the phone number and followed by # to save the number) Example 93017971280 # (pound sign)
Entering alphanumeric characters
You enter names for extensions, departments, branch IDs, CO lines, and guest mailboxes by pressing the dial pad key that corresponds to the character to be entered. The key’s possible entries will change each time the key is pressed, and the display will show this. When the desired character appears on the display, press # to confirm; the cursor will move to the next character position. You may move the cursor left (to correct an entry) by pressing the left scroll key () or move right (to add a space) by pressing the right scroll key ().
Key Options Key Options
0 = 0, – (hyphen), _ (underline)
1 = Q, Z, 1, “_” (space)
2 = A, B, C, 2
3 = D, E, F, 3
4 = G, H, I, 4
5 = J, K, L, 5
6 = M, N, O, 6
7 = P, R, S, 7
8 = T, U, V, 8
9 = W, X,Y, 9
# = [Enter]
(left scroll key) Backs up and erases
(right scroll key) Adds a space
Example: To enter a B, press 2 twice (the possible options to scroll through are A, B, C and 2). When B is displayed,
press # to confirm; the cursor will move to the next character to be entered. To complete the name, press # #.
Note: You must enter a name to continue.
How to Program a button on your ESI phone
When your phone is idle.
Hold down the button that you want to program for at least 3 seconds.
You should hear a prompt…
• Enter your Password if prompted followed by # (pound sign)
• Enter the Extension number that you want to program for this button
• To program an Outside phone number Enter a 9 followed by the Phone Number followed # (pound sign). Example 93011234567#
• Press the button that you are programming again to save the programming
You will be given an option to name the button if you are using a ESI 60D phone
To Delete an existing programmed button …
When your phone is idle.
• Hold down the button that you want to program for at least 3 seconds
• Press the Red Hold button